The bucks at Wilderness Whitetails are growing fast this time of year. Here are a couple of interesting facts about Whitetail antlers that you may not know.
- Whitetail deer antlers begin to grow in the early spring (usually March or April).
- By late summer a whitetail's antlers are fully-grown.
- Whitetail deer antlers are one of the fastest growing tissues known to man.
- The growth of a deer's antlers usually starts to grow out of the deer's head toward the back of the deer and then changes direction and grows toward the front of the deer's head.
- Deer antlers have been known to grow as fast as ½ inch per day.
Source: Big Game Logic
Of course the bucks here at Wilderness Whitetails grow faster and larger than bucks elsewhere. This is because of our years of experience in providing the perfect environment for animals on our ranch. Genetics, environment and food plots all designed to produce the largest, most impressive whitetails you have ever seen. This backed by our years of experience in management and the end result are these Giant bucks. Check out some of the trail cam pictures from this week.